The attorneys at CowanPerry have extensive experience in trademark, copyright and trade secret law. The firm has helped many businesses protect their intellectual property through registration of their copyrights and trademarks. The firm also advises and assists businesses in protecting their intellectual property through policy implementation and by drafting non-disclosure, loyalty, licensing and other agreements. The firm has represented numerous businesses in various intellectual property litigation matters, including defending clients from alleged copyright, trademark and trade secret infringement as well as prosecuting violators of our clients’ intellectual property rights. The firm also provides strategic guidance to clients in building, maintaining and monetizing their intellectual property portfolios.
- Successfully defended a national non-profit organization accused of copyright infringement in federal court
- Successfully defended a small business accused of trademark infringement by a national franchisor in federal court
- Pursued former employees of an Internet company who had allegedly stolen the company’s trade secrets
- Drafted software licensing agreements between a medical imaging company and major hospitals
- Provided advice to high-tech R&D company regarding patent prosecution and licensing strategies
- Assisted numerous companies by registering and maintaining their copyrights and trademarks