Corporate & Tax
CowanPerry’s corporate law and tax practice covers a wide array of activities for clients of all sizes. We work with local and start-up companies as well as larger businesses with national operations. CowanPerry provides a comprehensive range of services for these clients from entity formation, contract drafting and review to structuring and implementing acquisitions, reorganizations and recapitalizations and financing and other highly complex business transactions. Our corporate and tax team works with our clients to help them understand the business and tax consequences involved in transactions and assists them in achieving the best possible business and tax planning results.
- Reorganized media company to maximize efficiencies within business lines and maximize tax advantages for owners
- Represented management in the management buy-out of a business unit from a Fortune 300 company
- Prepared offering documents and securities filings for capital raises on behalf of several emerging growth companies
- Created U.S. holding company and subsidiaries for multi-national corporation establishing its U.S. headquarters and manufacturing operations
- Assisted multi-national corporation in setting up operations in Virginia and securing all Federal, state and local permits and licenses
- Serve as outside general counsel to numerous local and regional companies